The Coronavirus Strikes Back

As of today, schools were only cancelled through April 10th. Students and staff of Desert Willow were under the assumption that everything would go back to normal at the end of this week. We were wrong. They didn’t. Early this week our governor Doug Ducey  decided to close all schools to protect staff and student from the pandemic. Now for the rest of the year, “normal” will take on a whole new meaning.                                                                                                       While waiting for teachers to give out school work, my brother and I have done makeshift school using Khan Academy, Duolingo and this blog for me and Mo Willems, sticker stories, and a math packet for my brother. Though many students would find school cancelled a miracle and fun, I have not enjoyed the news as much. Sure, a part of me is delighted at the sound of no school for the rest of the year. But there is many bad things that have come from it. First of all, this year was supposed to be my grades last Field Day. That isn’t going to happen. Secondly, every year 6th grade goes on a weekend trip to UCYC, or United Christian Youth Camp. Also, every year for 6th grade there is a 6th Grade Dance. Finally, I would not be able to celebrate my last year of elementary school with my friends.                      I know that some people have it worse then my grade. Some are missing Senior Prom, graduation, weddings and special birthdays such as their 16th, 18th, and 21st. For example, one of my old babysitters is a Senior this year and will miss prom and graduation. I just hope this clears up soon and everything will go back to normal.